<< Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 22:50:35 EDT
 From: email @ redacted
 Subject: [IP] Staph_Infection
 I am just writing to let everyone know about my weekend.  My daughter who is
 15 and is on the pump got a blister about a week ago from rollerblading.
 Friday afternoon she came home and said that her leg hurt so bad that she
 could hardly walk on it.  She then lifted her pant leg and showed me where
 her blister was.  But now it was a large open wound.  We decided that she
 probably should go to the ER.  Well ends up that she has a staph infection.
 They contemplated about admitting her but decided to give her a shot of
 penicillin plus put her on oral antibiotics and watch it real close.  So far
 it seems like the antibiotics are working.  Tomorrow we will find out what
 kind of staph infection it is.  I just can't believe that this all started
 from a blister and how fast it came on.  This really scared me.  I guess I
 going to really have to watch any blisters or cuts she gets from now on.
 Is this very common?  I thought staph infections were just what you got from
 Just thought I would let everyone now about our weekend.
 Anne >>