[IP] Desperate for Help

Moira,  I had two reactions to your post.  !)  Could it be hormones?  I'm an
adult, but with my own cycles I have to raise my basals to 150% each month
for a one week period.  And 2)  Did you try using a different box (with a
different lot #) of infusion sets?  I think Minimed is wrong when they say
that there has never been  bad  infusion sets.  I use Disetronic tenders.
I'm not sure if they're the same, but I think they are.  Anyway, last fall I
had a similar pattern with my bs - about two months after starting.  It took
me 1 1/2 weeks to realize it was my infusion sets.  The catheter was
defective right where you screw it in to the pump.  There were no obvious
leaks, and it didn't look bad.  But, when I felt it with my fingers, it was
limp and not stiff as usual. Insulin was leaking out, but it was such small
amounts that I couldn't tell.  I'd have a period of 12-18 hours of good bs
(most of which was spent trying to get back to normal) followed by an
outrageous period of high bs.  The sets weren't defective immediately.  They
just couldn't handle everyday wear and tear.   I kept changing sets, thinking
it was crimped, I'd see improvement, then high.  You know the routine.
Disetronic said they had never heard of this problem, but shortly after I had
the problem someone else on this list posted about the same exact thing.
Good luck.