Re: [IP] Desperate For Help

Hi Moira,

After Erica had been on the pump for 2 months with wonderful blood sugars, we
saw the same thing.  We did all the same things you did but they didn't make
any difference.  Here is what we would see.

-Erica would have wonderful sugars for 24-36 hours after a new site was
inserted then her sugars would start to rise....rise....rise.  No amount of
bolusing would drop them down.  With a new site change, again the same thing,
wonderful sugars for 24-36 hours then the steady rise.

That was over 2 years ago and things have been wonderful since in that respect
anyway!! <g>  We mix Humalog with Regular insulin.  It is not difficult to do,
and in our case made the difference between pumping or not.  We were so
anxious those first days after we started mixing but have never looked back.
We have passed along the same tip to many people.

If you want any more specifics on it, give me a shout!

Barb, mom to Erica, A Canadian Butterfly
Visit our new website at