Re: [IP] First Sil- No Way!

On Sun, 3 Jun 2001, marge wrote:

> Well list, i tried the first sil on Matt yesterday, without success!  I was
> truly confident after inserting the New Quick Set sample manually.  I first
> had him ice the site for a long time. I'm not sure if i went too close to the
> skin surface or what, but it hurt like hell, Matt cried, and then after a few
> hours, it was causing a welt and was soar to the touch, although his numbers
> remained in range.

The directions that come with the set are usually not appropriate for
kids or thin people. The set needs to be inserted only slightly deeper
than just beneath the skin. Any further than that and it will go into
muscle tissue on kids and thin people. THIS HURTS and the set won't work
well.

Michael

I took it out and the cannula was full of blood!  It was