Re: [IP] rebound hypoglycemia

My Endo. and CDE firmly believe in the rebound phenomenon. That's why they
want to get rid of the lows first when trying to even out their patients'
BG's. They recommend NOT administering a corrective dose of insulin for a high
that comes after a significant low (what significant means probably varies,
but they think the rebound most often comes after a -40 low &/or one that
lasts more than 1/2 hour) because that will just cause another low when your
body turns off the hormones that are resisting the insulin. If I remember
right, they said the rebound usually occurs 6-8 hours after the low.
Good luck!