I wondered about this too and my Pharmacist (sp) suggested I use Betadine
Plus.  It is cream just like neosprion.

----Original Message Follows----
From: email @ redacted
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #185
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 23:27:06 EDT

Be careful when using over the counter antibiotic ointments, they can become
ineffective over time for the same reason you can come immune to antibiotic
medications (that treat infections such as strep throat). Be no one can be
certain of this, I use it only in extreme situations. Also diabetics are
predisposed to skin infections that needs to be treated with oral
antibiotic.
Using Neosporin can cover up a more serious infection not related to only
the
infusion site!