[IP] Re: School Health Care Plan

In a message dated 6/2/01 10:55:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> > Dee Hamrick <email @ redacted>
> > My son, Evan, is 5 years old. Diagnosed 3 years ago at age 2. Started
> using
> > MiniMed 508 in August, 2000. HBa1c went from 8.1 to 6.7 in the first 3
> > months! Evan will start Kindergarten in August, 2001. I'm interested in
> > news, hints and updates from other parents of young children regarding
> > their pump use and experience in school. Will be writing Evan's school
> > Health Care Plan this summer and have found many on-line samples, etc. but
> > none contain any pump-specific instructions. Would initially like to

Taken from  <A HREF="http://www.cde.ca.gov/spbranch/sed/healthup/diabtcre.htm">http://www.cde.ca.gov/spbranch/sed/healthup/diabtcre.htm</A> , the
California Department of Education, in response to the calls from parents,
physicians, school nurses and education personnel regarding guidance and
direction for accommodating the healthcare needs of students in school with
diabetes, has introduced a module called "Management of Diabetes in School."
The healthcare plan is detailed, giving all types of instructions for almost
every situation.  You may find this a good source to use for your son's