Re: [IP] What is the norm...

At 09:32 PM 6/2/2001 email @ redacted wrote:
 >After all that I have read (which has been most helpful). I still have a
 >question. My doctor has set me with a 1.2 Basel rate, every hour. I have
 >pumping for just over three months. But from what I have read nearly
 >here only uses . 5. I'm I doing something's wrong? I'm getting very
 >Any help or input would be nice...=0)

Everyone is different and we all have different needs. Even two people who
have the same weight and activity levels may have wildly different rates.
Also, most of us use different basals during different parts of the day.
Mine varies from about 0.9 to 1.4.  So, there is no one correct basal rate.
The bottom line is, if your basal rate works, then it's the correct one for