[IP] Animas Pump Cover Colors

In a message dated 6/2/2001 2:51:55 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> > . . Also, although I answered the question based that actual color
>  > of Katie's Animas pump, that's not entirely accurate because my 10
>  > year old actually has an array of "fashion" pump covers that she can
>  > use on her pump to suit her fancy or match her outfit <vbg!> . . .
>  Interesting -- how many colors, etc....?

According to the Animas Accessories List that came with our pump (effective
3/1/01)  there are 10 "standard" colors (black, white, silver, blue, red,
orange, green, hot pink, yellow, and purple) and 5 "Lux" colors (Rainbow,
Bronze, Tahitian, Purple Haze, and Cinnamon).  You can see a few of the pump
cover colors on the Animas web site, and actually "try them on" the virtual
pump they have there . . .

Our local rep (wave to Terra!) recently told us that they also have some
sticker-like overlays you can add to these pump covers.  I haven't seen any
of these yet, but I know that these overlays have special designs -- the two
I can remember is  a soccer theme and one that was like a geometric
design/abstract painting.

When we were choosing pumps, Katie liked that both the Animas and MM pumps
looked like "beepers" and she REALLY liked having these interchangeable
covers for the Animas pump.  She thought that the D-tron was ugly because it
didn't look like a pager and was not at all happy about needing to keep a MM
508 in a black leather case all the time because of the static thing. <just
one 10 year old's opinion>

Sure, these pump covers are just a cosmetic thing, but it really does help
her feel good about wearing her pump proudly, instead of wanting to hide it .
. .

Katie's Pump Mama for 34 hours now with really good numbers and one happy kid
who is thrilled to NOT "HAVE TO" have snacks when she isn't hungry!