Re: [IP] Upcoming Trigger Thumb Surgery

On Sat, 2 Jun 2001 06:34:15 EDT, Susan email @ redacted wrote:
>I went for my pre-admission tests yesterday (Friday).
>They did the EKG, blood work, and I talked with an anesthesiologist. It seems
>that Bryn Mawr Hospital in Bryn Mawr PA, understands pumps, Lispro and all.
>They said there would be no problem keeping my pump on. They insist on giving
>me something like vallium (so I won't move) as well as the local. Surgery is
>this Friday.

It sounds like you have a good situation. However, I recommend that
when you find out who YOUR anesthesiologist will be, you should still
make sure that this particular anesthesiologist has a satisfactory
understanding of pumps and a favorable attitude. Just because the one
you already talked to had all the right answers doesn't necessarily
mean that all the others think the same way. Good luck, and please let
us know how things went.

Tom Beatson
dx 1942, pump 1995