Re: [IP] change out problems/bs to high/long

In a message dated 6/2/01 11:51:58 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I am seeing something somewhat similiar with my daughter.  Only been
> pumping for 3 weeks now.  But when we change she runs high for about 1/2
> the day.

If using the MM pumps, make sure you are doing your three primes!  The first
one is just pushing the insulin through; the second is maybe setting the
prime screen at 4 or 5 and letting it go until you see a big drop of insulin
at the end; the third is once you put the set in, you have to prime it to
make up for the space left by taking the introducer needle out.  this varies
depending on what sets you use....