Re: [IP] needle question figure out-- i think!

You're right - the needle in the SofSet does not stay
in you.  Only the plastic cannula stays in - you pull
the needle out after insertion.  It doesn't feel any
worse than an insulin syringe from my brief
experiences of being my son's testing ground to see
that his mom could do it before he would try.

If you do have a package in which the needle fell out,
do not try to put it back in and then use it.  The
chances are that you will damage the cannula before
it's inserted, and then will have to do a changeout
later. If ever in doubt, call the manufacturer to
confirm the set is safe to use.
Shelly V, Austin, TX, mom to Luke, 6, dx'd 10/15/99,
pumping 3/5/01, MM308 & loves it!

Original msg:
the needle that  is inserted is not kept in you but
the plastic thing around
it is??
is this right?
i hope so!