Re: [IP] mis information

In a message dated 6/1/2001 9:14:39 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> .Amanda wrote:
>    I decided on MM because of the many safety features.  I was
>  told that the animas and D&H Tron from Disetronic do not allow you to
>  program more than one basal rate so I chose the MM knowing that I will
>  probably have to set various Basal rates for various times of the day.
>  Amanda,
>  The d-tron has more than on basal "PROFILE" and can set a different basal
>  rate for every hour of the day. (24 total)  The H-tron has only one
>  "PROFILE" and can still set a different basal rate for every hour of the
>  day.

Just to add my $.02 on the pump we use:  The Animas R-1000 allows you to set
up anywhere from one to four different basal "profiles" (each covering a 24
hour period -- such as for pre-menstrual days vs. regular days or work days
vs weekends). With each of these four basal profiles you can set up to 12
different basal rates in increments of .05 units of insulin per hour (i.e.
.65 units per hour starting a midnight, then .9 units per hour from 4 am to 8
am, then .45 units per hour from 8 am to 3 pm, and so on . . .).  We started
on insulin today with one basal profile that has seven different basal rates
over the course of a day.  Once that gets fine tuned, I'm sure we'll be
setting up a second one for premenstrual days in fairly short order . . .

Katie's Pump Mama!