Re: [IP] My Pumping Start is Today!

Today was Katie's Pump Start TOO!!!
 . . . Basals were set and she started pumping insulin (after a week on
saline) at 9:50 a.m.  So far (9 hours later), her numbers have been great --
and that's after having TWO slices of ice cream cake that I had to guestimate
the carbs for, AND after having to do a SECOND SET CHANGE change today
(without EMLA cream!) when it got dislodged during the horseplay at the pool
party we went to in the afternoon . . .

Thank you, Animas, for making a waterproof pump that my 10 year old can
already operate with such confidence and ease!

Thank you, too, Minimed for making insertion devices for your infusion sets!
They are a life saver for a little girl just can't bear to put a needle into
her own body . . . (Even though she can stick her mom, no problem - LOL)

And, finally, thank you to all the IPers who have shared their diverse
experiences and collective wisdom -- I've learned SO MUCH here over the last
6 months and I know that that knowledge has gone a long way to help equip us
to approach pumping with confidence . . .

. . . You never know what lies ahead, but we, as a family can already feel
how pumping creates the opportunity to maximize quality of life while
maintaining great control!

Sign me:  One Happy PumpMama!