I only used the IV prep twice but I have had no problems I unhook have a
shower wash the new site with antibacterial soap then put polysporin on
the new site and dry myself enough to put the new one in.  I am very
clean about it without using alcohol or IV prep I used the IV prep twice
and alcohol once and I found it made the site sting when first infusing.
Now I just clean and do it.  Make sure that my skin is not wet and all
the obvious.  I am worried that in the summer I will need an IV prep
though because I will be sweating so it will wear on the adhesive but I
will worry about that when the time comes.

email @ redacted >Subject: [IP] IV PREPS. MAKES SKIN VERY DRY
>Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 16:25:12 EDT > >Hi, i for the first time today did
a change out without using the iv preps. >they make my skin so dry, i
mean it peels off of my stomach area. i know you >have to be careful of
infections but i am a clean person. the quickset stuck >fine, because mm
said it helps with that. does anyone else have this problem. >does anyone
not use anything or something that is less drying? please let me >know,
thanks for your support. sincerely eileen pumping since 3/01 minimed
>pump 508. p.s. i have used all kinds of lotions to releive the dryness
and >peeling but nothing seems to help me