[IP] Breakthrough in transplant tolerance

I received this from another group I am on.  Thought I would pass on the
hope \

Researchers find breakthrough in transplant tolerance

Updated: 2001-06-01 11:12:59-05

New animal research being done at the University of Alabama in Birmingham
potentially hold answers for children with Type One diabetes and thousands
organ donor recipients. 'Tolerance' is a process that tricks the immune
of monkeys into accepting transplanted tissue without the need for long term
anti-rejection drugs.