: Re: [IP] Charcot's Foot HELP!!

In a message dated 5/31/2001 4:17:16 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:
I am happy to tell you all what Charcots foot is. Charcot was a french dr.
who discovered this diabetic complication many years ago. What happens is
that the bones in a diabetics feet are very brittle and tend to break easily.
It happened to me when I stepped off a stairway and turned my ankle very
badly. The bones in the arch break into little pieces and causes a large bump
on the inside of the arch. I have heard of some people having surgery for
this, but my Dr. said that was the worst thing I could do. I wear custom
lifts and a certain brand of tennis shoe. I have no pain at all, but I do not
walk barefoot at all, and wear only the tennis shoes and the lifts. With them
I feel zero pain. It usually happens to long term diabetics. I have never
heard of it in a non diabetic. For a gal the worst thing about this is that i
can never really get dressed up wearing tennis shoes!!!! Joan