[IP] Depression

Natalie said >>>> But I DO want you to know that major depression
is actually a brain disease, and not because of distorted thinking. If
anything, the distorted thinking comes from the disease rather than
vice versa. And if anyone wants to think less of me because I have
this illness,  feel free.
 Type Weird, pumping!<<<<<<<<<<SNIP

Thank you for your excellent feedback.   I almost always agree with
you, Darrin, and love your comments.  But that statement just
smacked me in the head and I am yelling NOOOoooooo as I go
down.  Natalie said it well.   Most every one has blue days....and
they go away.  The kind of depression I refer to, and I believe
Natalie is referring to, is Major Clinical Depression.   This is a
chemical imbalance in the brain, i.e., a disease.  Telling someone
to "Snap out of it" just doesn't cut it.

However, "Blue Days"  depression, everyone has them and they go
away in a few days.  This also is biological and may be
exacerbated by our thought processes. It may be relieved by
learning new cognitive behavior and adjusting mental feedback.
Learning to change our self talk messages can be very rewarding.

For all we know, (and I have never seen a study on this) diabetics
MAY have damage to the very nerve endings and connectors that
pass the serotonum through the brain, thus causing a malfunction
and thereby the chemical imbalance that creates the major
depression.  At any rate we know that clinical depression is a
disease and a chemical imbalance, just like diabetes.

Natalie, how could anyone love you less, you are a joy to this list,
and I am sure to everyone you know.  Just sharing your own
essence with the world makes it a better place.   Weird ducks,
ugly ducklings and strange ducks have always been my favorite

Bonnie Richardson