Re: [IP] reusing not recommended

> My Q is, if one can put 300 units in one syringe for 5-6 days,
> what's the difference in putting 150 in 2 times? I often reuse my
> syringes.

The lubricant in the syringe gets washed away by the sliding action
and the liquid. Filling once "full" does not remove as much lubricant
as filling twice to 1/2. it is actually the last little remaining
insulin at the bottom that is the hardest for the pump to remove
since the syringe has an ever-so-slight taper and the plunger gets
tighter toward the bottom. On the second (or subsequent) pass at the
bottom, the plunger has a much harder time since more of the
lubricant has been removed by the previous use.