Re: [IP] pumps and dogs was (RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #295)

A watch you can take off and leave it off. One doesn't need a watch. I
never wear a watch anymore.  A pump you can't take off and leave it
somewhere just like you cannot do with any sort of pet. I believe Dr Ponder
was trying to teach the responsibility and what it is like. Why is everyone
so hard on him?
Having a dog is a full time responsibility. So is wearing a pump. You
cannot dump it- you cannot take it off and leave it off unless you go back
on shots... Just like a pet it is always there.  I think the problem lies
in the fact people have a "disposable society attitude" when it comes to
pets and that is why so many cannot relate.
How would you all cope with having a service dog 24hours a day 7 days a
week? Taking care of it having it with you all the time..well that is the
same as a pump BTW both cost about the same and with both one has to be a
responsible pumper and service dog "owner". I can never leave my dog
anywhere. he has to go with everywhere. He can't be tied in the yard..he
has to be fed and groomed, he has to and I have to know his commands, we
have to always practise. he has to be with us all the time. We are never
apart. Just like I am not apart from my pump. Now what is so hard to
understand about this? People who love pet (which Beamer is more than a
pet) ought to do the same for thier pets.
All of this is part of having a pump and a pet. How basic yet how important
and what a better way to get through to a child. Children love animals.
Animals are used for therapy for children. I also have a therapy dog which
needs the same care.
Can people see this comparison?