[IP] Re: site changes

Recently Todd wondered:

> ...can anyone give me a good MEDICAL reason why not to fill the
> reservoir to the max each time (300 units) and change it when it runs
> out? The insulin surely will last for that period unrefrigerated...

Well, this is the crux of the matter. One CDE I respect questioned whether
the insulin _would_ last. On the shelf in your bathroom, sure. But if it's
out in the world, where the sun can shine on the pump, and where the ambient
temperature can be fairly high for some of us, and certainly can fluctuate,
could there be more chance of the stuff going bad? I don't know.

I sometimes worry about sunshine while I'm driving, and even go to the point
of covering the pump with a piece of cardboard (or one of our planetarium
brochures) if I notice the sun's shining on it. Is that silly?

Keith Johnson
Fleischmann Planetarium
email @ redacted
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."