Re: Subject: Re: [IP] Short term goal - get a pump!

In a message dated 6/29/00 5:04:48 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< The previous endos we had felt that he was too young and therefore too
 immature for a pump. >>

At what age do you become old enough and mature enough to take insulin at
all? Does anybody say, "He's too young and immature to take insulin so we
just won't give it to him?" Of course not. When young children get diabetes,
their parents manage it for them. How is that any different for the pump?

Jan (and Elvis)