[IP] Looking for magic

A cure..hmmm
> A cure would be to fix our beta cells.  or inject some
> immunologically naive stem cells that become beta cells.   That is
> surely on the horizon, and once we figure out how to do that,
> everyone will know about it.

Hmmm.... wouldn't the imune system zap the new beta cells just like
it zapped the original ones??
If you still had those nasty antibodies it might but most of us lose the
ilet cell antibodies pretty fast. I still have the anti GAD-65 antibodies so
even a transplant would probably fail. Immune cells just never get
Alzheimers disease.