[IP] Loooong refiller needles

>From: "Anika Schon"
>The other day, while struggling to keep the tip of the refiller needle from
>poking above the insulin level and into the air in the inverted and
>less-than-half-full bottle of insulin from which I was trying to refill a
>cartridge (aka reservoir, to MM users) , I suddenly wondered why that
>is so long. Why is it? I'm refilling a Disetronic cartridge, but the photo
>MiniMed's reservoir and refiller needle appear to have about the same

For the last few years I have noticed my MM syringes/reservoirs' needles
were half the length they started out. I, too, thought what a waste of
Reminded me of the little boy during WWII who suggested taking the *Via* off
of Via Air Mail stamps in post offices to save rubber. They did. So I don't
know about your present
syringes, but mine have been half length for quite awhile.  I just wish they
made the little clear plastic protector on the cannula for the SofSet a blue
like they changed the introducer needle from white to blue. Drop one of
those thingies and they are terrible to find. YMMV
Jan (61 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) & Bluda Sue (MM507C, 3/99)  webpage