[IP] Re: Transplant

>With the new drugs that are out I would think that it definitely beats
>having to test and lug all the stuff around that we do and all the other
>stuff that fills our brains daily about diabetes.

Shane seriously looked into having a pancreas transplant at U of Iowa
not too long ago. It still seems that taking anti-rejection drugs leaves
your body wide open to a lot of other infections: pneumonia, cancer,
various infections. The one thing we heard from several people that
finally convinced us was: "my worst day with diabetes was still better
than my best day on anti-rejection drugs." I do hope that someday soon
they can make these procedures less risky (or find a non-transplant
cure) -- as much as we love the pump, a true "cure" would be so much