RE: [IP] << "ADVANCE DIRECTIVE" >>

Please Post if you don't mind.
Melissa

-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf
Of email @ redacted
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2000 3:11 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] << "ADVANCE DIRECTIVE" >>

A "Letter to Emergency Room Staff " was published in Diabetes Forcast in
July
1994 and was written by E. Etkind, MD Clinical Professor of Medicine at
Yale.
 It contains very explicit explanations and directions that anyone could
follow.  There are also warnings about discontinuing pump and tells the
staff
what happens if they do.  It explains what bolus to give for the particular
individual in various situations.  It also instructs the staff that patients
must continue their own blood glucose measurements used to determine the
boluses and assures the staff that the patient knows exactly what they are
doing.  It includes 1) a signature block for the doctor with address and
phone no., 2) patients signature, 3) information on the pump manufacturer
and
how to reach them.  I will be happy to post it if there is enough interest.
I received a copy from the MiniMed trainer.
Wanda