Re: [IP] I just bought my pump a bone and am now calling it Rover

At 11:02 AM 6/29/00 -0600, you wrote:
>Yes.  It totally bewilders me how some physicians think they know all.

I came back to Birmingham in the mid 70's and one of the leading diabetes
doctors here, who by the way was also one of the driving forces behind the
diabetes hospital, was one of my choices to be my doc. After seeing him the
first time he said I would be put in the hospital for a week each year.
This would give them a chance to check my control and go over me from head
to toe thoroughly. With that statement I made up my mind and decided to go
with one of the other doctors. I told him I live with it 24/7 and adding a
week in the hospital to regularly scheduled appointments will not
necessarily prove beneficial. And I have been very happy with that decision.