A "Letter to Emergency Room Staff " was published in Diabetes Forcast in July
1994 and was written by E. Etkind, MD Clinical Professor of Medicine at Yale.
 It contains very explicit explanations and directions that anyone could
follow.  There are also warnings about discontinuing pump and tells the staff
what happens if they do.  It explains what bolus to give for the particular
individual in various situations.  It also instructs the staff that patients
must continue their own blood glucose measurements used to determine the
boluses and assures the staff that the patient knows exactly what they are
doing.  It includes 1) a signature block for the doctor with address and
phone no., 2) patients signature, 3) information on the pump manufacturer and
how to reach them.  I will be happy to post it if there is enough interest.
I received a copy from the MiniMed trainer.