Re: [IP] Coverage for pump education classes-what does it cost?

c c wrote:

>>I thought the training was provided by the pump company - now if you don't
use the pump company to train and use your own CDE than you may be charge.<<

I was told by Disetronic when I bought my pump that while they would provide
pump training, I would get much better training through my endo's office.
They have an excellent CDE and training staff.  I believe that my endo's
office requires that I take training from them (setting basals and boluses,
and nutrition education, etc.) since they are more familiar with my insulin
needs and health problems which would not be the case with a pump trainer
that has never met me before and comes in from another city.

RoseLea and Max...