Re: [IP] pumping while in surgery & the Soft Serter CRUTCH

Santana wrote:

>>You HAVE to tell the medical people b/f going in that under no
circumstances do
you want NPH or whatever else you do not want in your body.  <<

When I was hospitalized for surgery (this was pre-pump) I was in a hospital
that my endo was associated with.  They just followed his instructions and
only gave me insulin (type and amount) per his instructions.  Now, I
understand that some hospital personnel might not like you keeping the pump
on for surgery, but, luckily, I've not had to face that problem yet.  And,
if I did, I would make sure beforehand that EVERYONE knew what I wanted!

RoseLea and Max...