[IP] People die in hospitals

A few years ago as part of their trash the doctors effort Medicare
threatened to publish statistics for each doctor who was a Medicare enrolled
doctor. I thought this was a grossly unfair action and let my congressional
rep know. I was a neuro oncologist in a cancer hospital so about 75 to 90%
of my patients did not survive my care. Just imagine being my patient and
seeing that statistic, how calming and reassuring. I was usually frank but
tried to remain upbeat about the results of treatment. I don't think that
that kind of statistics would be particularly therapeutic in my patients.
Tending to spiritual need in the terminally ill patient is now a new
specialty called palliative care, I'd hate to see their statistics.