RE: [IP] MAJOR insurance malfunction - help needed ASAP!

Sammi [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> ANY advice, ideas, specifics on how to handle this, what kind
> of "guns" to
> carry into the fray, particular words/phrases to utilize,
> laws or insurance
> regulations that might work in her favor

I think the most important thing to remember is that insurance companies
speak $MONEY$.  Address the issues *politely* and *courteously* (it's
usually not the fault of the individual you're speaking to!), but repeatedly
point out the cost of *NOT* getting the necessary care -- that is it will
cost a *LOT* more to treat complications, etc., than it will to reduce the
risk of getting them.

For us specifically, if using a pump prevents just *one* hospitalization, it
has paid for itself.  Of course, the difficulty is demonstrating an
association between a factor (i.e. a pump) and something not happening.  My

Money spent on prevention is always more cost effective than spending money
on treatment.

Jim Handsfield
mailto:email @ redacted OR
mailto:email @ redacted