[IP] We've come a long way baby!

My now 12 year old son has had diabetes over 11 years, pumping 5 years.  This
summer he's attending a local day camp where he takes 12 different classes
per week.  I sent him with a brief note about diabetes and the pump, stapled
to indications of hypoglycemia, which he gives to each teacher.  I am really
proud of how well he's handling it all.  So far he's tested his bg 2x each
day while there.  I sweated out these types of situations for years and I'm
actually reaching a comfort threshold with diabetes I never thought I could
achieve.  Mind you I'm FAR FROM COMPLACENT, but WOW we've come a long way.

Very sincerely yours,

Ellen H. Ullman

Mom, Advocate for children who have diabetes and their parents, Friend,
Webmaster...<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/CamelsRFun/index.html">http://memb
ers.aol.com/CamelsRFun/index.html  (KidsRPumping)</A>
Please support funding a cure for diabetes. Diabetes Research Institute in
Miami, Florida:  <A HREF="http://www.drinet.org">http://www.drinet.org</A>