Re: [IP] Re: cost of pump

In a message dated 6/28/00 7:43:46 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< Can anyone out there tell me an approx. monthly cost of the pump? >>

I recently got a shipment from Minimed that cost me $100 and change.  The
covered items (reservoirs, silhouettes, and batteries) were covered at 90%,
but my insurance didn't cover the Bard wipes or Tegaderm tape, which I
believe made us about $36 of that.  The amount sent is supposed to last 3
months if I change every 2 days, but since I usually can go 3 days it lasts
me over 4 months usually.  You can go to the website to get exact prices.
The reservoirs, infusion sets, and batteries will be needed by everyone; a
lot of people don't need any extra tape, but I think most do use some sort of
wipe or prep.  So I figure at 90% coverage, if you can get 3 days out of the
set, the cost would be about $10 per month plus the cost of wipes or tape
(which might not be much if you can get insurance to cover it)

Linda Z