Re: [IP] Another scary hospital story...

> I was put in ICU in November for "early signs" of DKA.  After 3 days
> of educating the nurses on my pump I was moved to a regular room out
> of ICU. On the morning of my discharge from the hospital I woke up
> feeling low at 6 am.  I checked my BS on my own machine and called
> for the nurse.  I told her I was going low and needed to check my BS
> and get something to eat. .......  She
> questioned me on how did I know I was low?  I told her that I have
> had D for 11.5 years and I know how I feel!  She handed me 1 saltine
> cracker.  My BS was checking in at 48!  They never checked on me
> after that.  I was discharged at 10 that morning.

In this case, yes there is. You can write a letter to the medical
director of the hospital pointing out the dangerous practices and
condescending attitude of the staff and further point out that if you
had crashed they would have had a BIG lawsuit. Ask for an apology and
ask specifically what will be done to correct the situation.