Re: [IP] Short term goal - get a pump!

> We have been trying to convince an endo for almost a year that Cory
> NEEDS a pump. We are now on the 3rd endo and it is looking very
> promising.  We go back to the endo next month and the nurse agrees
> Cory really needs a pump.

A slight correction to the line of thinking if you don't mind. Cory
needs treatment for his diabetes. The best and most up-to-date
treatment is CSII using insulin pump therapy -- it is recognized as
the "gold standard" for diabetes management. The question should
be.... " is there some reason to deny this child the most up-to-date
treatment for his diabetes". It is a treatment recognized and paid
for by medicare, it is a treatment used by over 50% of all doctors,
nurses, and other medical professionals that have type 1 diabetes.
This is not about him "needing" a pump, but rather about denying him
the "standard" of treatment for proper diabetes management.

Go on the offensive on this one.