Re: [IP] die thread die! (was: Cure for diabetes? HA!)

	Given that I just went to a meeting last night where the JDF Chief
Scientific officer spoke about the state of research, I feel that I must
respond to this e-mail by Melba.  I think that each and every one of you
should go to this link: http://www.jdf.org/.  As you scroll down you
will see a bunch of links that talk about the treatments and studies
currently being done.  								THE FACT IS: that people that have
pancreas transplants only do so when the kidney's have also failed.
These transplants only go to seriously ill people, people that are on
the brink of total kidney failure.  And the fact remains that there are
VERY few organs donated in this country.  It would take 16 million
people alone in this country to die and each and every one of them to
donate their pancreas for all of the diabetics in the US to have one of
these transplants.  It takes two to three people to die to have an islet
cell transplantation done on one person.
	While all of the scientific "Theory" is VERY promising, and we have
shifted from "if" there is a cure, to "when" there is a cure, THERE ARE
posted above, you will see EXACTLY where we are in the research process.
In the end, THERE WILL BE A CURE! Until then, we will just have to live
as happily as we can with the insulin pumps!  YEAH INSULIN PUMPS!

Carrie, who is not trying to buy in or debunk any conspiracy theories,
just trying to set the record straight as best as she 	understands it!