[IP] Pumping without formal training

Blake asks if one can pump without formal training. Going from MDI to the
pump is easy if you know what you are doing. I'd get a prescription for pump
training first. No matter how familiar you are with diabetes, specifically
your diabetes, I'd get trained first. There are a lot of little issues that
are much clearer after being told about them. This is just my$0.02 FWIW.
Experienced pumpers often lose sight of what it was like in the beginning
not because of anything more than familiarity and comfort with pumping. That
by the way takes several months to establish. I guess if you had no other
choice it's certainly doable Most pumpers are intelligent and able to
troubleshoot their diabetes so a pump isn't that far a field