Re: [IP] Medicare Coverage

In a message dated 6/28/00 2:33:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I realize that Medicare does not cover drugs at this time.  Medicare does
 cover pump supplies on a one month at a time basis.  My first insurer CIGNA
 covers my pump supplies currently at 80%.  I wish to have Medicare, my
 insurer, cover the remaining 20%.  My first insurer requires me to order a
 three month supply when ordering-Medicare requires me to order supplies
 monthly.  How can this work for insurance reimbursement purposes?   What am
 not understanding here?
 Kathie >>
Hi Kathie It may be me who doesn't understand. CIGNA Is that the CA
insurance? They may allow you to do what you are trying to do. As I said in
the first post. Mass BC/BS will only let me order 1 month under durable
supplies. They make me get 3 months of my drugs at one time. It is all about
CO-pays. They will always go the cheapest way for them. I think if I were you
I would call both Medicare + CIGNA and ask them. Roger C