Re: [IP] I've heard the good...what about the bad?

Sara G. wrote:

>>Weight Gain:  This one is probably the most anecdotal
problem, but more than one person has mentioned it.
The diets that go along with MDI and the regimented
eating schedule have the added plus of keeping us from
eating way too much (as most americans are wont to),
with the added convinience of a much more flexible
eating schedule and the knowledge that "Oh if I just
eat this one little extra thing I can push a button and
cover it with a tiny bolus" (as opposed to having to
take an extra shot just for that one cupcake)
Appetites tend to increase (and get satiated), leading
to suprising weight gain.  This, of course, is a risk
faced by the millions of non diabetics out there, so
it's not a minus so much as a supression of a plus.<<

I think that this one is definitely a YMMV.  I've been on my pump just
little over a month and have already lost 7 pounds since I'm no longer
treating the many lows I suffered trying to keep good control with MDI.

RoseLea and Max... :o)