[IP] Novo Rapid...anybody who mixed using it straight?

Hi Folks,

It has been a long time since I posted to the digest, and I hope I am
not bringing up a topic that has been flogged to death :)   I tried to
get into the search engine today, but it wouldn't take me anywhere :(

Erica, my daughter, has to have a mix of Humalog and Regular in her pump
due to site deterioration from straight humalog.  I called Novolin
Canada today and the new Novo Rapid is not available in Canada yet, but
I know it has been approved and made available in the U.S.  It has been
in use in Europe for a few years, or so they told me.

Anyway, has anyone who has had to mix Humalog and Regular or Velosulin
started using the Novo Rapid without any mixing?  Mixing isn't a big
deal, and it works great, but perhaps I could alleviate the bubble
problem if we didn't have to do so.  Just wondering how things were
going if somebody is trying it, somebody who previously had to mix
insulins to make their sites last.

Welcome to all the new pumpers!!!   It is incredible to see how many new
people have joined over the past 2 years!!!  It is so exciting!!

Barb....mom to Erica, 12, pumping since March 1999 AND...L O V I N G   I
T !!