Re: [IP] Medicare Coverage

In a message dated 6/28/00 12:50:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< In a message dated 6/28/00 12:38:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
 email @ redacted writes:
 > 0:51 AM 6/28/00 -0400, you wrote:
 >   >I just sent in my Medicare paperwork to MM along with my 3mo order
 > is
 >   >covered by my first insurer at 80%.  MM will then sent my claim to
 >  Medicare.
 >   >If Medicare only allows for a one month supply at a time in most cases
 >  but my
 >   >first insurer requires me to order every three months-how will this
 > out?
 >   >
 >   >Kathie
 >   >----------------------------------------------------------
 >  This would depend on who is the Primary carrier.  If it's Medicare, you
 >  will only be allowed one month (ten sets and associated supplies, and ten
 >  cartridges per month).
 >  David
 The Primary carrier is not Medicare.  Medicare is second.   How will the
 above work?
 Kathie >>
Hi Kathie If I were you I would call your insurance company to see who is
primary. Medicare doesn't cover drugs at this time. That would explain how
you have been getting your meds from the insurance CO. I would also suggest
you have the pump CO do the leg work on who covers what. If you are able to
get BC/BS to pay for pump supplies in a 3 month time frame PLEASE let me
know. I have been chasing this for 3 1/2 months Roger C