[IP] Another scary hospital story...

I was put in ICU in November for "early signs" of DKA.  After 3 days of
educating the nurses on my pump I was moved to a regular room out of ICU.
On the morning of my discharge from the hospital I woke up feeling low at 6
am.  I checked my BS on my own machine and called for the nurse.  I told her
I was going low and needed to check my BS and get something to eat.
DO YOU KNOW WHAT SHE TOLD ME??
She said that I was not scheduled to be checked until 7:30 and that she
would be in then to help me!!
CAN YOU BELIEVE THE STUPIDITY (TO PUT IT NICELY) OF THESE 'MEDICAL
PROFESSIONALS'?
I then got out of bed, walked to the nurses station (after eating 1 of my
own glucose tablets) and told them I needed a snack because I was low.  She
questioned me on how did I know I was low?  I told her that I have had D for
11.5 years and I know how I feel!  She handed me 1 saltine cracker.  My BS
was checking in at 48!  They never checked on me after that.  I was
discharged at 10 that morning.
Thank God they remembered my breakfast.
ISN'T THERE ANYTHING WE CAN DO TO EDUCATE THESE PEOPLE???
Melissa