Re: [IP] I've heard the good...what about the bad?

Michael,
I think this comes from older diabetes treatments where patients were
encouraged to test no more than 1,2,3 or 4 times per day -- then you could
go into DKA pretty easily.  One more reason insurance cos & doctors should
not ration test strips.  It is, obviously, a problem with the old "everyone
is somewhat noncompliant" model of treatment.   Most pumpers though will
try to do their best.  I have had DKA from not knowing that I had pulled a
needle out.  I'm not sure, though in the long run, you have all that many
more crises than you would on shots -- probably even less if you are really
good at the math.  That's from 18 1/2 years of pumping experience.  It's
hard to convince medical and insurance people to look at the actual
individual info, not the generalizations.

Ruth