Re: [IP] Explaining the pump

In a message dated 6/27/00 10:38:35 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  I can't believe how ignorant the
 medical staff in ER's are about pumps.  I can't believe medical professionals
 are not taught a little bit about it w/the diabetes seminar (or wherever else
 they get their diabetic education). >>

Where I live, we have a family practice residency program. The director once
asked me when I had the surgery to have the pump implanted. He'd never seen
one, didn't know how it worked, etc. This is the person in charge of training
family practice docs. Do you think the residents there will learn anything
about pumping? (He asked me if I would come in and talk to them, but never
followed up. I suppose I should give him a call and ask him to set a date.)

Jan (and Elvis)