Re: [IP] pump explanations, misconceptions

<< email @ redacted wrote:
 > I recently had to deal with some misconceptions that my
 > significant other had been fed by her family.  They
 > informed her that my diabetes must be very serious and
 > that I must be really sick and have a lot of problems. >>

I was interviewing a hospital administrator once and he said, "My
sister-in-law is a real *bad* diabetic. She has to wear an insulin pump ..."

I immediately pulled Elvis out of my pocket, placed him on the desk between
us and said, "I'm a really *fortunate" diabetic. I *get* to wear a pump!" And
proceded to educate him on the positive benefits of wearing a pump.

Jan (and Elvis)