[IP] Controlling BGLs after donuts

In a message dated 6/27/00 7:12:32 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes: << If there is about 30 carbs in the donut,
do you have to account for the  fat  > in some way to keep the blood sugars
down? >>

I think so.  Pure sugar will spike BGLs.  Sugar mixed with fat will be
absorbed more slowly.  Perfect for a dual-wave bolus.   For example, when I
have a big meal at Souplantation (all you can eat and more), I bolus
25/12/8...... a spike of 25, and then 12 units spread over 8 hours.  The 508
is great!   That dual-wave bolus balances the food.