[IP] Diabetes education for Health care professionals

Responding to santana's post about diabetes education for health care
professionals: I recall no conference in any of the four hospitals I was on
staff at where the day to day management of diabetes was discussed.Oh yes,
we had physicians come and tell us about the triglitazone drugs and
metformin but no one ever told anyone about pumping. In fact I got my pump
while still on staff and one of the GI docs asked to see my site (which was
on my butt) when I told him it was on my butt he gasped "Doesn't it hurt"
So, don't even ask why. All the docs felt my diabetes was worse than they
had imagined when I started pumping. They still had no compunction about
calling me out at 3 AM to see one of their patients even though they knew
all the night running around wasn't healthy.