Re: [IP] Explaining the pump

Do you want to hear an even better one.  My Dr is on vacation so I saw her
substitute yeasterday.  The Physican who is supposed to take care of my
diabetes care for the next few months asked me the same thing about
NPH.  I am a little nervous about that!

		Sam!

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000 email @ redacted wrote:

> I agree with this scenario being scary.  I have been in the ER too and had to
> deal with medical personnel who wanted to remove my pump while I was there.
> They were sort of condescending - like, "Santana, we are going to remove your
> pump.  Don't worry we can test your blood sugar levels while you are here.  How
> much NPH do you take w/your pump?"  UGHHHHHHH!!!!  Here I am sick as a dog and
> viciously fighting for my pump to stay put.  I can't believe how ignorant the
> medical staff in ER's are about pumps.  I can't believe medical professionals
> are not taught a little bit about it w/the diabetes seminar (or wherever else
> they get their diabetic education).
>

> "Andrew Bender, M. D." wrote:
>
> > What is really scary is going to the hospital ans having one of the ER
> > nurses ask "What is that thing?" When you tell them its a pump everyone
> > comes over to look at it, including the ER doc. Then there is this pause
> > followed by a sigh, "I never seen one of those before." How does it
> > work?ers.org

		               Samantha Rohwer
		             email @ redacted
		   	      AOL IM - Sammyr369