Re: [IP] Explaining the pump

In a message dated 6/27/00 10:11:17 AM Eastern Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<< What is really scary is going to the hospital ans having one of the ER
 nurses ask "What is that thing >>
   No - what's really scary - is that both you and we are in a major
metropolitan area (Phila) and what you're describing is what we faced FOUR
YEARS ago when Melissa was in the ER because I thought ( mistakenly) that she
was going into DKA. I keep hoping that things are improving - and in some
ways they are- but I also feel some days that all of our collective efforts
at educating the "masses" represent only a teaspoon of information sprinkled
upon a massive ocean of ignorance!

Regards, Renee (pump mom to 17 yr old Melissa)